Central Organization for the Revitalization and Enhancement of Harrison is an all volunteer group of area residents that was initiated by Congressman John Paul Hammerschmidt.
With its Strategic plan now complete, the 2012 emphasis of the group shift to action steps and implementation within its spokes. We encourage all members of the community to get involved.
HUB – Appointed by Congressman Hammerschmidt and functions as an administrative steering committee for C.O.R.E.
SPOKES – Working committees with Champions that organize the work and present completed work to the Hub.
C.O.R.E. seeks community input and participation and works closely with the Harrison Chamber of Commerce, The Historic Harrison Business Association and the Harrison Convention and Visitors Bureau. All C.O.R.E. meetings are open to the public.
View the Most recent news
*Formation of HHBA (Historic Harrison Business Association) out of the Retail Spoke
*Road Diet concept and advocacy
*Main Street Beautification, Sidewalk Repair and advocacy for adoption
*Initiated a partnership with the CVB to explore a new visitor location featuring Harrison as the “Gateway to the Buffalo River National Park”.
* Self Guided Historic Walking tour established and 10,000 brochures produced and now in distribution in over 80 locations.
*Secured and installed historic plaques for the majority of the tour stops.
* Secured a grant for 38 trees that have been planted in Lake Harrison Park.
* Conducted community assessment surveys (300+ completed).
* Have conducted 15 meetings that have been open to all in the community for their input and participation
* Organized & Conducted six Entrepreneur Workshops in the spring of 2010 and have the next series scheduled for October.
* Have organized to open a SCORE Entrepreneur office in the Durand Center which will commence later this month,
* Have identified the CORE District Boundaries and produced the map.
* Conducted a two day road trip to solicit additional input to Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway & Russellville.
* Attended the Economic Development Seminar in New Orleans to report on progress and also to solicit input from attendees.
* Made the power point presentation to: Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, the hospital board, the city council, the quorum court and several other groups.
* Partnered with Breakthrough Solutions
27. Have created a draft of input for the strategic plan with input from all of the spokes, the community, the road trips, the economic development seminar and the charette.
* Coordinated a cleanup of the newly expanded walking trail.
* Ground breaking of Skate Board Park.
* Obtained resolutions of support from the City of Harrison, Boone County and several civic clubs.
* Hosted a working session to obtain community input for the CORE Masterplan.